Some of my fellow dance bloggers recently released an e-book about how to start a dance blog, and graciously provided me a copy to read over before I told my readers about it.
The book is pretty much perfect for anyone who wants to start a blog and doesn’t know where to start. While the book is written directed towards people who want to start a dance-focused blog, a lot of it can apply if you’re looking to start any type of blog.
A lot of the book goes over the basics, like choosing a blogging platform (WordPress.com, Blogger, Tumblr, self-hosted), choosing a blog title, choosing a tagline and even choosing your specific niche. Even if you’ve been in the blogosphere for a little bit, it might be worth the 8 dollars to go over some more detailed topics like analytics, social media, monetization, and SEO.
According to the book’s webpage, the book will take you through the following:
- Things you need to know to set up your dance blog quickly.
- Writing better content
- Engaging readers on and off the site
- Getting discovered using social media and SEO basics
- Taking those next big steps like monetization and traffic analysis
The book was written by some of the awesome pioneers in dance blogging:
- Nichelle Suzanne – from Dance Advantage
- Catherine Tully – from 4dancers
- Lauren Warnecke — from ArtIntercepts
- Maria Hanley – from Maria’s Movers
- Tiffany Kadani Braniff – from Dancing Branflake
Find the book here: http://www.danceadvantage.net/start-a-dance-blog.