First of all, thank you so much to Alice in Danceland for nominating me for the Liebster Award that’s been going around the blogosphere again recently. I’ve been nominated before but didn’t have the time to take part at the time–but now I do! The rules are as follows:
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts:
- I began dancing ballet a year ago.
- I also recently began running and fell in love with that as well.
- I’m obsessed with Hello Kitty and once tried to start a Hello Kitty blog.
- Before starting Adult Ballerina Project, I ran a blog called A TV and A Girl about my obsession with TV. My friends make fun of the blog title and started calling me Avatar Girl.
- The only reason people ever ended up looking at that blog was because I did a video tutorial on how to do Quinn’s braid from Glee. It got a surprising amount of hits on YouTube for how crappy the quality was.
- I don’t have cable and instead I watch almost everything on Netflix. I just finished Fringe, I’m trying to finish up Bones.
- When I do watch TV, I watch Scandal using my crappy TV antenna.
- I have super flat feet which has caused a lot of shin splints during both ballet and running.
- I’d be lost without my foam roller and compression socks.
- I’m working on doing more freelance writing now that I’ve graduated.
- I also love turtles.
11 Questions asked by AliceinDanceland:
- What is your favourite to-go stretch or exercise? Pigeon’s pose or downward facing dog. Pigeon’s Pose for my hips, downward facing dog for my shins.
- Favourite genre of music? alternative rock.
- If you could attend any professional academy or university in the world, which would it be? Hmmm…this is a weird question to answer since I just graduated. But probably Columbia for journalism grad school.
- If you could live in any other time period, what would it be? Can I chose the future? I’d want to see all the new technology that develops.
- What is your favourite social media site and why? Twitter. I love that I can tweet a lot more than Facebook updating.
- What is your favourite dessert? Fried ice cream. My mom made me an awesome fried ice cream cake for my graduation.
- What do you miss most about your childhood? Not having any responsibilities.
- What has been the biggest challenge in your life thus far? I think trying to find a full-time job will be a huge challenge I now have to overcome.
- What is one thing you want to improve about yourself? I want to both improve in running and ballet–and get better at updating ballet.
- How do you like your water? Plain? Infused with fruit juice? Seltzer? Plain!
- Any plans for the upcoming summer? Part-time internship with Campus Philly, freelancing, hopefully a job.
11 Questions for the Blogs I nominate:
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you were stuck on a desert island and could only bring 3 items, what would you bring?
- What is the significance of your blog title?
- What are your other hobbies?
- What are your summer plans?
- What is your favorite fruit or vegetable?
- Who is one celebrity you are dying to meet, alive or dead?
- If you could change to any career, what would it be?
- What is your favorite animal, and why?
- If you had to give up a form of social media, which one would you give up?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11 Blogs I nominate: